How to transfer from one university to another in Nigeria - Guideline
Are you unsure how to apply for a university transfer? This guide will help you with how you can apply for university transfers in Nigeria.
A large number of students have returned with queries about how to apply for a transfer from one university to another, especially now that the long-term ASUU strike has left several students frustrated.
If you are looking for guidelines on how to transfer to your desired university transfer, you do not need to worry, as we have prepared a guide to help you through your difficulties.
Though inter-university transfers are permitted, you should be aware that only a few universities in Nigeria accept university transfers, as listed below.
- Osun State University (UNIOSUN)
- Lagos State University (LASU)
- University Of Calabar (UNICAL)
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN)
- Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA)
- Federal University, Lafia, Nasarawa State (FULAFIA)
- Federal University, Lokoja, Kogi State (FULOKOJA)
- Federal University, Ndifu-Alike, Ebonyi State (FUNAI )
- Federal University, Otuoke, Bayelsa (FUOTUOKE)
- Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State (FUOYE)
- Federal University, Wukari, Taraba State (FUWUKARI)
- Michael Okpara University of Agricultural Umudike (MOUAU)
- National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN)
- Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU)
- University of Ibadan (UI)
- University of Lagos (UNILAG)
- University of Nigeria (UNN)
- Ladoke Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH)
- Umaru Musa Yar’Adua University (UMYU)
- Arthur Jarvis University
- Imo State University (IMSU)
- American University of Nigeria
- Landmark University
- Bowen University
- Covenant University
- Babcock University and many others
Eligibility for inter-university transfers
Each university has different requirements for inter-university transfers, so you should contact your desired school to learn more about their demands.
Despite these differences in eligibility requirements for inter-university transfer, there are some basic criteria that all have in common.
Below are the basic requirements for all inter-university transfers:
- You must have a grade point average of at least 2.0 CGPA.
- You must have completed a minimum of 200 levels before applying.
- Your course of application must be the same as your previous course.
- Make sure that your UTME cut-off mark is up to the cut-off mark of the school you want to transfer to.
How much is the cost of an inter-university transfer form?
The cost of forms for inter-university transfer varies by school, so it is best to call your preferred school to find out the exact cost.
Do not hand over your form fee to any cyber cafe until you have confirmed the price of the inter-university transfer form.
How to apply for inter-university transfers
After you have met the requirements for inter-university transfer to your desired school, follow the steps below to apply for an inter-university transfer successfully.
- First, you must notify your school of your intention to transfer, along with your reasons.
- If the university grants your request, they will withhold your admission, effectively terminating your enrollment at the university.
- Following approval, you can now apply for and fill out a transfer form for your desired university.
If your application for transfer to another institution is denied, you will only be permitted to return to your previous school as a fresher.