JAMB cut-off mark for nursing in 2022
Are you seeking admission into nursing in Nigeria? Check out our detailed article on the real JAMB cut-off mark for nursing in 2022 to find out the score you should aim for.
Nursing is one of the most sought-after courses in Nigeria, owing to its professionalism and long-standing contribution to the country's health care system.
Its significant impact in Nigeria has made nursing more competitive, with prospective students frequently inquiring about the nursing cut-off marks that could earn them admission into one of Nigeria's nursing schools.
If you are among the students searching for the official JAMB cut-off marks for nursing in 2022, this article provides you with everything you need to know about the JAMB cut-off marks for nursing in 2022.
Before we talk about the official JAMB cut-off marks for nursing in 2022, it is important you know the universities in Nigeria that offer nursing science.
List of universities that offer nursing in Nigeria
Though there are many universities in Nigeria, not every school offers nursing. Below is a compiled a list of universities in Nigeria that offer nursing science to guide you in selecting your school of choice for your nursing science below:
- Ambrose Alli University
- Abia State University
- Afe Babalola University
- Ahmadu Bello University
- Babcock University
- Bayero University
- Delta State University
- Ebonyi State University
- Igbenidion University
- Imo State University
- Ladoke Akintola University of Technology
- Madonna University
- National Open University of Nigeria
- Niger Delta University
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University
- Obafemi Awolowo University
- University of Benin
- University of Calabar
- University of Ibadan (Best Nigerian federal university)
- University of Ilorin
- University of Jos
- University of Lagos
- University of Maiduguri
- University of Nigeria Nsukka
- University of Port-Harcourt
- Usman Dan Fodio University
What is the cut-off mark for nursing in 2022?
The official JAMB cut-off mark for nursing in 2022 is 270 and above, but a score of 250 or more should also keep you on the safe side.
Though JAMB has rolled out the official cut-off mark for nursing in 2022, it is important to know that this cut-off mark is flexible, as JAMB allows schools to roll out their cut-off marks to a lower score. As a result, it is important to check your school of choice's cut-off mark for nursing in 2022.
Schools' cut-off marks for nursing
The official cut-off mark for nursing science at different schools ranges from:
- 250 and above for Federal Universities:
- 240 upwards for State Universities
- Below 250 Private Universities
- 120 and above for Colleges of Nursing
JAMB requirements for admission into nursing
Though JAMB has released the cut-off mark for nursing science, you must meet a certain requirement to be offered admission into nursing at any school in Nigeria.
JAMB's admission requirements for nursing science in 2022 are as follows:
- You must upload your WAEC O'level result to the JAMB portal
- Your uploaded O'level result must contain 5 credit passes, including English Language and Mathematics, which are compulsory.
- Candidates must register and partake in the 2022 JAMB examination.