Wizkid net worth
When you speak of the richest musicians in Nigeria, the likes of Wizkid, Davido, and Burna Boy come to mind. Find out Wizkid's net worth and everything you didn't know about his source of income.
Wizkid is one of Nigeria's most famous Afrobeats singers. The superstar was born on July 16, 1990, in Surulere, Lagos, Nigeria. He was born with the name, Ayodeji Ibrahim Balogun, but is now known by his stage name Wizkid.
Wizkid has a high net worth estimated to be up to $30 million. That is about $5 dollars higher than Davido's estimated net worth. Wizkid has such a huge net work because he is talented, has acquired massive wealth over the years and has gained widespread fame both nationally and globally.
There is always a question from music fans regarding who is the richest - Davido or Wizkid? This article about the net worth of Wizkid clarifies that argument as Clacified has already given you the details of Davido's net worth.
Wizkid started out as an early singer at the age of 11 and later signed a record deal with Empire Mates Entertainment (E.M.E) in 2009. Since then, Wizkid has gradually risen to the limelight and has made it to the top 10 best musicians in Nigeria with his outstanding net worth.
Wizkid net worth and sources of income
Wizkid's net worth is estimated to be $30 million, a considerable net worth that compliments his talent as one of the best musicians in Africa. He acquired such a massive net worth by releasing different hit songs and albums.
Aside from the music, which is a significant contribution to Wizkid's net worth, Wizkid is known globally; he has other income sources, which have helped boost his net worth and made him stand out among other musicians in Nigeria and beyond.
He has many endorsement deals with different companies, as top brands always contact music superstars to help market their products.
Wizkid also unveiled a clothing line with his brand name "Star Boy," which has also helped add more figures to his net worth.
Upon his exit from E.M.E, Wizkid started his own record label, "Starboy." Through this record label, Wizkid has affiliated with many singers, rappers, and producers, such as Mr. Eazi, Efya, Maleek Berry, L.A.X, and Legendury Beatz.
Wizkid's numerous endorsement deals have added to his net worth
Wizkid's endorsement deals
Celebrities earn an enormous amount of money from endorsement deals. Top companies pay big stars over $3 million for endorsements to market their products with their faces.
Endorsements are important sources of income for musicians and other celebrities. Wizkid's net worth has gained a lot from many endorsement deals, which has increased his net worth to become one of the richest African musicians. Below are some of Wizkid's endorsement deals:
- In 2012, Wizkid signed a one-year endorsement deal with Pepsi, reported to be worth $350,000.
- Premium Times reported on May 28, 2013, that Wizkid signed a one-year deal with MTN Nigeria. It further added that Premium times renewed the contract for two additional years.
- Wizkid signed an endorsement deal with Guinness for the Guinness World of More concert held in Eko Hotel and Suites VI in November 2013.
- Pulse Nigeria reported that Wizkid ditched his endorsement deal with MTN and took up an N128 million deal with GLO 2015.
- Wizkid was contacted to model for Nike when Nike entered a five-year deal with the Nigerian Football Federation in 2018. After that, Wizkid got a deal extension with Nike.
- Wizkid signed an international deal with Dolce & Gabbana worth $10,000.
- Wizkid signed an endorsement deal worth $3 million (the equivalent of 1 billion naira at the time) with the United Bank for Africa (UBA).
- In 2020, Wizkid landed an endorsement deal with Puma, a sportswear brand.
Wizkid has a clothing line, 'Starboy' which is another source of income for the singer
Wizkid's assets: Houses and cars
Wizkid ranked 5th on Forbes and Channel O's Top 10 Richest/Bankable African Artists list in 2013. Forbes Africa had Wizkid listed in the Top 10 Most Bankable Artists in Africa in 2017.
Apart from Wizkid's net worth, the Nigerian artist has acquired many beautiful, expensive cars to complement his wealth and huge net worth. He also has different houses in two big mansions.
One of Wizkid's huge assets is his luxurious house in Los Angeles
Wizkid has a mansion in Surulere, Lagos, that is said to be worth $13 million, and another one in Los Angeles that is said to be worth $15 million.
There was also a recent rumor that Wizkid had acquired another home in Banana Island, one of the wealthiest suburbs in Lagos state.
Below are some of Wizkid's cars:
- Lamborghini Urus (₦80 million)
- Porsche Panamera (~₦50.8 million)
- Used Mercedes Benz G63 AMG (₦55 million – ₦65 million)
- BMW X6 crossover (₦8.7 million)
There have been hot debates as to whether Wizkid has a private jet. Although he is always seen flying chattered jets, Wizkid currently does not own a private jet.